December 2000 Issue
Be Micowave Safe When Zapping Water
Q. There’s a story circulating on the Internet about a young man who suffered severe burns to his face after a cup of water he heated in the microwave erupted in his face. Can this really happen? A. While we weren’t able to confirm this specific case, microwave experts have told EN that the severity of the scenario described is rare, but the phenomenon is indeed possible and is probably not an isolated incident. "It all boils down to bubble
To continue reading this entire article you must be a paid subscriber.
Subscribe to Environmental Nutrition
Get the next year of Environmental Nutrition for just $20. And access all of our online content - how to fight heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, and dozens of other diseases - free of charge.
Already subscribe but haven't registered for all the benefits of the website? Click here.
Subscriber Log In
Forgot your password? Click Here.